GALABC Annual Meeting 2018 highlights:
It was great to see so many GAL volunteers at today’s Guardian ad Litem Association of Buncombe County Annual Meeting!
The GALABC had 5 members transition off the board: Terry Yeager, Jennifer Gorman, Kim Brown, Anne Yeager, and Shari Raife. We thank each of them for all of their dedicated service!
The GALABC Board welcomed 3 new members: John Russo, Chris Hellier, and Charlie Glazener.
The Board is excited to get to work and anticipates fresh ideas and great achievements for 2019!
Jennifer Nehlsen presented a 2019 GAL Program Report
– recognition of the 50 volunteers with 5+ years of service with certificates signed by Chief District Court Judge Calvin Hill…
– recognition by DSS of the 21 GALs that had children adopted this year
Recognition of 3 amazing GAL volunteers:
Pam Gretz – 17 years as a GAL, has served 100 kids
Jan Neu – 30 years as a GAL, has served 90 kids
Janet Weil – 26 years as a GAL, has served 56 kids
– discussion of the permanent outcomes for the 222 children whose cases have closed this year
– 2018 recruitment goal of 35 additional GAL volunteers achieved (85 new GALs sworn in this year)
– 2019 recruitment goal of 100 new GALs next year
– request for current GALs to help GAL staff find opportunities to recruit more volunteers (neighborhood groups, churches, book clubs, men’s groups, etc.)
District Administrator Jennifer Nehlsen thanked past, present, and future members of the Guardian ad Litem Association of Buncombe County Board of Directors for their efforts to enrich the lives of the children served by the Guardian ad Litem program in Buncombe County.
906total visits,22visits today